Ministry of Defence of the Slovak Republic
...is a central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic in a field of defence based in Bratislava. MoD SR has been constitued by a law of the Slovak National Council No. 347/1990 Zb. on organization of ministries and other central bodies of the state administration of the Slovak Republic in accordance with later approved regulations and begun its work on January 1, 1993.
- defence of the Slovak Republic
- building and commanding Army of the SR
- co-ordination of activities of central bodies of the state administration and institutions aimed at preparation of the defence of the SR
- inviolability of the Slovak air space
- co-ordination of military air traffic with civil air traffic
- commanding military intelligence
- managing military facilities and military forests.
- to co-ordinate preparation of the country for defence according to conception of a defence system determined by the National Defence Council
- to be responsible for using given finances in accordance with a state budget intentions
- to implement measures ensuring preparation of the national defence in a field of given competence and the use of the army.